Passports can be obtained at the:
County Recorder’s Office
630 Addison Ave W, 2nd floor
Twin Falls, Idaho
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Except State Holidays


Items needed for a Passport:

Application: Can be obtained at the Recorder’s Office or you can log into

1.   Application must be filled out completely through line 22.  Do not sign until application is completed and you have been given your oath.  A U.S. Passport Card can now be applied for.  This allows you to travel by land or sea between the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda.  You must indicate on the application which document or documents you are applying for.

2.   A certified copy of your birth certificate from the State Registrar. will take you to the form you need, with the original signature and state seal.  This cannot be a Hospital Certificate.. This will be sent in with your application but will be returned with your passport.

3.   Two (2×2) identical passport photos taken by a photographer.

4.   A personal check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to U.S. Department of State.  Fees for ages 16 and older is $110.00 (valid for 10 years).  Under age 16 is $80.00 (valid for 5 years).  Passport Card is $30.00 for 16 and older and $15.00 for 15 and under. To Expedite any passport is an additional $60.00.

5.   There is an execution fee to the Recorder’s Office.  You will need a personal check, money order, or cash for $25.00 Made out to: Twin Falls County Recorder.

6.   All applications must be identified by a current Driver’s License or some other form of secondary identification.  Everyone must appear in person.

7.   Both parents need to accompany a minor child under the age of 16, provide photo ID and give written permission.  Minors age 16 & 17 can sign their own application & provide identification if available.  If they do not have identification, a parent can sign for them.  It is recommended that parental consent be submitted, so the application will not be delayed.

8.   Turnover time is 4-6 weeks or longer for regular processing.  If you are renewing your passport and need to expedite it, be sure to write expedite on the envelope or it will take longer to process.