2515 Wright Avenue Twin Falls, ID 83301
“To provide structure in which we can teach values, responsibility, self-discipline and self-reliance.”
All meals provided to the residents in our facility are free and follow the federal nutrition guidelines.
- Paul Shepherd, Detention Manager
- Peggy Orr, Administrative Secretary
- Nathan Lewis, Training Supervisor
Twin Falls County is an Equal Opportunity Provider
PARENT/GUARDIAN INFORMATION SHEET
If your child is taking any type of prescribed medication please notify the Snake River Juvenile Detention Staff as soon as possible. There are two ways that medications can be accepted into the Facility for your child.
- Contact the prescribing doctor’s office to call the prescription for medications into KJ’s Pharmacy to be filled. KJ”S Pharmacy will then deliver the medications to the Facility once they have been paid for.
- You may also take your child’s medications to your own pharmacy and have them bubble pack a 7 day supply of the medications. Medications will only be accepted in an authorized bubble pack with all information regarding the medications. Once the medications have been properly bubble packed by a pharmacy you may bring them to the Facility for your child.
- If your child utilizes the use of an inhaler, please bring the inhaler to the Facility immediately. While in the Facility your child does have access to a rescue inhaler but if used you will be responsible to reimburse the Facility for the cost of the inhaler.
When your child is released from the Facility the remaining medications in the bubble pack or inhaler will be released back to you at the time of your child’s departure.
You will be receiving a Medical Release form in the mail. This is very important for your child’s welfare, in case medical attention is needed in the event of a medical emergency. Please sign this form and return it to us as soon as possible. You will be notified immediately or as soon as possible if your child does have a medical emergency. You may also sign one of these forms at the front desk if you are at the facility.
6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
(Appointment must be made by Monday at 8:00 p.m.)
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
(Appointment must be made by Friday at 8:00 p.m.)
Authorized visitors are parents, legal guardians, grandparents and siblings 18 years of age or older. A maximum of three visitors is allowed. All visitors will be required to show picture identification before admittance and are subject to metal detector search. Visitors who do not dress and conduct themselves appropriately will be denied admittance. Visits that become a problem will be terminated.
Monday – Outgoing from juvenile to authorized person between 8:00 p.m. – 9:50 p.m.
Friday – Outgoing from juvenile to authorized persons between 8:00 p.m. – 9:50 p.m.
Authorized telephone contacts are parents, legal guardians, grandparents and siblings. Staff must speak with the parent/guardian/grandparent first before siblings under the age of 18 are allowed to speak with their in-custody brother or sister.