630 Addison Avenue West, Second Floor
P.O. Box 88
Twin Falls, ID 83303-0088
None at this time.
Twin Falls County has installed a drop box on the North side of County West by the revolving door. Anything dropped into the drop box after 5:00 PM won’t be posted until the next business day. Do not place cash in the drop box.
The County Treasurer:
- Receives, accounts for, and safely keeps monies belonging to the county
- Reports all receipts to the auditor and receives an auditors certificate before depositing in county treasury
- Pays for and retrieves county warrants when they are presented for payment
- Keeps records of receipts and expenditures from all funds and makes a monthly and quarterly settlement with the auditor
- Receives from the coroner any funds and property found on deceased bodies
- Receives payment for and issues auctioneers and pawnbroker licenses
The ex-officio Tax Collector:
- Invests money safely, interest earned has the effect of reducing property taxes
- Furnishes detail tax information to lending institutions, title companies, realtors, accountants, taxing districts and individual taxpayers
- Sends notices to taxpayers and collects the amount due on real property, mobile homes, personal property and occupancy tax
- Issues warrants of distraint for delinquent mobile home and personal property taxes and delivers to the county sheriff to collect
- Collects special assessments for water districts, fire protection districts, local improvement districts, county weeds, etc.
- Collects and accounts from parties payment and prepaid property taxes
- Notifies owners/lien holders and takes tax deeds to real property that has gone three years delinquent
- Files claims with bankruptcy court on property owners who have filed various chapters of bankruptcy
The Ex-officio Public Administrator:
- Takes charge of the estates of decedents for who no personal representative is appointed, decedents with no known heirs, estates ordered into his/her hands by the court, and estates to which the State of Idaho is an heir
- Makes a perfect inventory of all estates taken into possession
- Pays funeral expenses, expenses of the last sickness administrative expenses, creditors of heirs if the appear
- After a final settlement of any estate, he/she must send remaining funds to state tax commission if there are no heirs or claimants
- Makes a report to the judge every six months on all estates which have come into his/her hands
Things to know:
- Taxes are due by December 20th of each year, with the second half due by June 20th.
- We Accept the US Postmark as your payment date for current year tax. The postal service does not guarantee your item will be postmarked with the current date. Please Mail Early!
- Partial payments can be made at any time on delinquent, current or future taxes.