The Twin Falls County Veterans Service Office assists veterans and their dependents with applications for compensation, pensions, hospitalization and other benefits through an intake process that includes information and referral services.

The Twin Falls County Veterans Service Office works with the Department of Veterans Affairs and other nationally chartered veterans service organizations to ensure that veterans, their dependents and survivors receive their richly deserved entitlements.

Services offered by the Veterans Service Office include the following:

    • Orders original Military Discharges (DD214) or Separation Records from the Military Government

    • Assists Veterans in filing service-connected disability claims for benefits that may be payable through the Department of Veterans Affairs

    • Informs the Veteran’s spouse, survivor or dependents concerning specific benefits to which they may be entitled and assists the individuals in obtaining these benefits

    • Maintains liaison with, and delivers speeches to, Veterans’ organizations and other interested groups to ensure public awareness of available benefits and assistance

    • Schedules transportation on the DAV Van from Twin Falls County area to Boise Veteran Administration Hospital, Monday through Friday


CLICK HERE to sign up for the VA APP

JEROME, Idaho (KMVT/KSVT) — Lt. Col. Dennis Stitt, of the Idaho National Guard, presented more than 20 medals and honors to World War II veteran Henry Cone Tuesday night in Jerome.

Cone, who joined U.S. Army in December 1942, served in a number of campaigns and battles, including the Paris liberation,  served under General PATTON in Battle of the Bulge and the Epinal France fifth evacuation Battalion.

At the ceremony, Cone received the Bronze Star, an East African European Ribbon with four bronze stars of service, French Croix De Guerre Medal among many others, including some rare medals.
Cone’s family joined him for the presentation at the Snake River Elks lodge.

An application for the French Legion of Honor award has also been submitted to the French Government.

A ceremony was hosted by the Little Wood River Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3001 with presentations by Encompass Home Health and Hospice, a representative from Sen. Mike Crapo’s office and The Twin Falls VFW Post 2136.

Here is a list of medals, ribbons and badges presented to Cone:
Bronze Star Medal
Army Good Conduct Medal
American Defense Medal
American Campaign Medal
Europe-Africa-Middle East Medal

4 – Bronze Star Device
World War II Victory Medal
Army Occupation full size medal
Combat Infantry Badge
79th Sustainment Support Command Old 79th Division
Army Sgt. Chevrons Stripes Blue Bold pair
French Croix de Guerre Medal
French Croix de Guerre Ribbon
Bronze Star Ribbon
Army Good Conduct Ribbon
American Defense Ribbon
American Campaign Ribbon
Europe-Africa-Middle East Ribbon
World War II Victory Ribbon
WWII Occupation Army Ribbon
Germany Bar
Enlisted Infantry with US insignia
US Army Infantry Disk

If you want assistance or need help in obtaining benefits, Contact me here at your local Twin Falls County Veterans Service Office and I will do my best to answer your questions or guide you in the right direction for any Veterans services you may need.

Evidence Requirements before filing a COMPENSATION CLAIM

You must submit all relevant evidence in your possession and/or provide information sufficient to enable VA to obtain all relevant evidence not in your possession. This includes the following as part of your application:

      • Discharge or separation papers (DD214 or equivalent)
      • Service Treatment Records if they are in your possession (see the Veterans Records Destroyed in 1973 Fire if you suspect your records may have been involved in the 1973 NPRC fire)
      • Medical evidence (doctor & hospital reports)

Text Compensation 101 on a blue camouflage background.

Disability Compensation is a tax-free monetary benefit paid to Veterans with disabilities that are the result of a disease or injury incurred or aggravated during active military service.


1st Floor – COUNTY WEST

Old ST.LUKES HOSPITAL main entrance by the Flagpole
Twin Falls, ID 83303-0126

WORK: (208) 734-9091
FAX: (208) 733-9082

Hours of Operation:
Open Monday through Thursday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. noon.

Availability and daily schedule are subject to
out of office Veteran outreach visits and presentations.

EMAIL: click here to email Calvin for Veteran questions